Do It Yourself!

Something More Than Ink

I am...

I'm a pretty hardcore guy, I enjoy doing fun stuff and I listen to basically any type of music that's not Brokencyde or Insane Clown Posse. I really want to be a professional musician, a drummer to be specific. At this point my life revolves around the arts. My main musical palette consists of a steady diet of hardcore/pop punk as well as as dnb and dubstep. Oh and Blind Melon. Did I mention that cats are the greatest creatures on earth?

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kitty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkxH5Ge1mbY

The thing sounds it's firing a laser or something when it meows.

Honestly, I think cats are the greatest animal to grace this green earth. They're extremely intelligent, affectionate yet not overbearing, and they're really in tune with your emotions. Hell, my Siamese cat is curled up into a ball sleeping next to me while I'm typing up this post. He's pretty awesome. He's turning 11 in March so he's getting up there in years, and it kinda shows. He's gradually becoming more and more demented, sadly. We'll need to take him to the vet soon.

I honestly don't know what to do once he's gone. I have another cat, but he's really aloof. All he does is eat and sleep all day. Last time I weighed him, about a month ago, he was 28 pounds. That's really heavy for a tabby. Doesn't help that I have allergies and all those 28 pounds of cat shed heavily and I basically die after I pet him or stay anywhere remotely near him. Still, I can't get rid of him because that would be inhumane. He's been with us 4 years now. Til death do us part, right?

I think I'll eventually want to own an exotic breed. Not a lion or tiger, mind you. Those could probably accidentally kill you while they play with you. Still, that's all speculative and way down the line from now; after college/grad school due to costs of buying tons of raw meat and licensings and permits. I'm extremely happy with what I've got now. Servals and lynxes can wait.

9 comments:

  1. Well, it looks to me like you're writing about something important to you, so I think it's a fine subject. I can completely relate with the Tabby. I too own a tabby, and I'm allergic to him, too. He was really aloof too when we first brought him to the house, but we had to keep him in the basement when I developed my allergy. Ever since, he's been really affectionate and playful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cats are smarter than we are. When my cat, Zelda Fitzgerald, graced me with her presence, I knew she meant it. I had to earn his love. We had a real relationships, with ups and downs. Years later, when we got a dog, Prince Harry, I loved him too. But I am still not sure whether his slobber was meant to be a sign of his passion for me or just an autonomic response to being a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely not a cat person. I have very bad allergies and generally I believe that they just do not like me. It is like I have bad luck with cats... I own a chocolate lab named Casey. Her affection is endless. I do enjoy though that she is slightly chubby so she can not hop on the couch and steal my food. I guess all pets have their ups and downs. The youtube video kind of scared me because that cat sounded crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No offense to you Wil but I do not like cats... AT ALL!! Well, it's not so much that. It's more like they just don't like me, and that when I was two my aunt's cat attacked me. I also have pretty bad allergies to cats which further complements my reason for their disliking. But ever since I was a child, I have always been a dog person. Heck, everyone in my family owns a dog now... but me, so I would definitely have a dog before I have a cat just cause I know how to deal with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I must say that a 28lb cat is very impressive. You have my two cats beat, even though they are both about 20lbs also. Although I have two cats I don't consider myself much of a cat person, but I think that they're very interesting. It surprises me the amount of intelligence that they have and they always seem to know what is going on. Both of mine even know my own routine and go to upstairs to bed just before I do every single night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am personally more of a dog lover, mainly because I discovered my cat allergy a few years ago. I still enjoy playing with cats and petting them because they are quite affectionate and intelligent as you mentioned. I love animals in general, so I don't let my allergies stop me from showing some love toward a cute kitty. I hope your cats will live long, healthy lives. Dogs don't have to be the only animals that are man's best friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait a minute, so at the very least, half of our ten person class is allergic to cats?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two twin cats, tulip and waffles. My mother wants to give them away. They terrorize the entire house, including my dog Sadie, who is much bigger and about ten years older. Yet, somehow, they remain so loveable. My sister is currently working on a=rt project for which she places them in a clear vinyl cube and traces their image from the outside with a Sharpie. That's how big a part of our lives they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first pet was my cat Tiger. He was such an important part of my life because all I wanted as a kid was a pet and I wasn't allowed. When I finally got Tiger I knew we were going to be best buddies and he would cuddle with me every night. Turns out Tiger was MEAN and did not like cuddling or being even remotely close to anyone at all. I was very disappointed but tried so hard to get his attention. Even though he never showed any affection throughout our 11 years together, I was devastated when he passed away. I should be turned off to cats after having the meanest cat that ever lived, but I can't help but love them anyway.

    P.S. I plan to have a zoo in my backyard when I grow up. Tigers and everything !

    ReplyDelete