Do It Yourself!

Something More Than Ink

I am...

I'm a pretty hardcore guy, I enjoy doing fun stuff and I listen to basically any type of music that's not Brokencyde or Insane Clown Posse. I really want to be a professional musician, a drummer to be specific. At this point my life revolves around the arts. My main musical palette consists of a steady diet of hardcore/pop punk as well as as dnb and dubstep. Oh and Blind Melon. Did I mention that cats are the greatest creatures on earth?

Friday, January 28, 2011

Internet Radio

http://www.wvau.org/

ToZ's Edge Radio - Runs from 10-12 every Friday night

To be honest, I never have much to say when I write these things. But yeah. I absolutely love internet radio because you can hear what you like that isn't played on mainstream radio. The first time I listened, I was introduced to a bunch of different bands I had never even heard of. Pop punk's basically dead in the eyes of the music industry, and it warms my little heart to hear those sick grooves. But I'll just leave it at that, no use trying to stretch this out and wasting words, y'know.

5 comments:

  1. I have never listened to internet radio, but sound pretty interesting by how you describe it. I'll check it out just because you hold a high opinion of it my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never listened to internet radio before either. However, Will has made a point to persuade me to check this out sometime. I do agree pop punk is dead on daytime radio. I enjoy a wide variety of music, and have realized I do not hear much variety on the daily radio. It appears I will be checking out the internet radio friday night now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Pandora and WXPN on my phone and then read somewhere (maybe Mashable?) that Pandora was one of the biggest data miners out there. Now I am nervous--not interested in Pandora choosing to whom they sell my incredibly valuable and profitable info. What to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Pandora. I see Mrs. Healey's already mentioned it. It's basically a website where you enter in the name of a band you like, and it'll build a radio station out of it. It's where I discovered a lot of my favorite music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have listened to internet radio especially when i wanted to hear a certain type of music and didnt feel like listening to the actual radio or going to youtube and having to keep searching songs. Internet radio did introduce me to different artists that I did end up liking so I would agree with Will on recommending that people should listen to it.

    I went on Pandora as well but I have gone on other websites like yahoo radio and even ones where you can make your own playlist or listen to ones made by others which is nice when you want a constant stream of music.

    ReplyDelete