Do It Yourself!

Something More Than Ink

I am...

I'm a pretty hardcore guy, I enjoy doing fun stuff and I listen to basically any type of music that's not Brokencyde or Insane Clown Posse. I really want to be a professional musician, a drummer to be specific. At this point my life revolves around the arts. My main musical palette consists of a steady diet of hardcore/pop punk as well as as dnb and dubstep. Oh and Blind Melon. Did I mention that cats are the greatest creatures on earth?

Monday, November 15, 2010

Parents

We all love them (and hate them at times.) But how is it that they put up with us through thick and thin and never stop supporting us? I know that  am not the perfect child, in fact I drive my mom half mad every day with my sass and backtalk. Just yesterday I made her so mad that she wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the day; she just locked herself up in her room. I think she said something about me not trying hard enough in school, which I calmly brushed off and ignored, and then she just got pissed. Kinda depressing that she takes everything about my life so seriously, but that's mothers for ya...

My dad's just obsessed with looking at my grades for some reason. At this point I'm just sick of talking about grades and I just want to chill, but my dad thinks it's necessary to be on PowerSchool every 5 minutes and notifying me of every little change. Quite frankly, I just don't care anymore and employers are not going to care that you got a 76 on a German quiz in high school. He's trying to make me care about my grades, but I don't see how a little number is going to affect anything. At all.

Whatever, maybe I'll find it in me to care later. Emo rant over.

5 comments:

  1. I've had those moments too. Parents can be super annoying, but you're right to remember how freakin awesome they are at the same time. Sometimes I'm just like "Holy moly!" at their ability to center their lives around us. Which really is what your dad is doing when he obsesses over your grades. Would you rather him not do anything about your grades, even if you're struggling? Who else is going to help you with all that crazy college stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents can be quite bothersome at times, but at other moments they can be life savers. My parents care a lot about my grades too and if I get bad grades I could be punished somehow. I always have to try in school if I want to be able to spend time with friends and family. I know my parents do it out of love and to prepare me for college, but it can bring more stress into my life sometimes. However, through all the good and bad, I cannot help but love my parents anyway. In the end, I do not know what I would do without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a supremely rational post. I wanted to kill my mother every single day of high school. Really. I felt pushed, manipulated, unappreciated and small. And I was never right. Never. Now, if you met my mom, you would wonder who I was ranting about. Raised in an era when no child would have complained or "sassed" a parent, I think I was closer to the boiling point than you sound. Or maybe this is the G rated version?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with this post, there are times where I have absolutely no idea how my parents put up with my brother and I, especially quite a few years ago when I was younger and he was in high school. I find it amazing how some parents can stay calm or not get as mad as I feel that I would or one of my friends would. I guess it just takes time to learn to not react too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parents are insane, but this insanity shows that they care. With your parents caring about your grades, they care about your future, and they care about you. Your future is the only thing that they are concerned with because with college on the horizon and you being out of their lives next year, all they do is worry about how you'll deal without them. They want to get into your head so even when they are not with you next year it is engraved into your head that grades matter.

    ReplyDelete