Do It Yourself!

Something More Than Ink

I am...

I'm a pretty hardcore guy, I enjoy doing fun stuff and I listen to basically any type of music that's not Brokencyde or Insane Clown Posse. I really want to be a professional musician, a drummer to be specific. At this point my life revolves around the arts. My main musical palette consists of a steady diet of hardcore/pop punk as well as as dnb and dubstep. Oh and Blind Melon. Did I mention that cats are the greatest creatures on earth?

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Self Assessment: The State of the Jelly Donut

Well. It's been pretty interesting, to say the least. Blogging has been fun (when I get the motivation to do it) and I don't think I'd mind continuing to do so. I've talked about subjects ranging from cats to pirating music. But honestly, there's been times where I could just bang out 500 words in half an hour with no problem and other times where I just can't find anything interesting to write about without sounding whiny (see: me not posting for more than a month prior to this...) Other than the aforementioned hiatus, I'd like to say that I've been pretty decent with getting things done on time.

It's only been since the middle of the second quarter that other people really started to view Ich bin ein Berliner more often. Part of this was due to my higher rate of posting, yes, but I also finally realized that I could add tags to my posts to help them show up on search engines. Valuable lesson for me indeed... Viewership peaked from the end of December to the middle of February, at which time I decided to disappear for a lack of interesting and poignant things to say. At that point, there was a precipitous decline in views and I've had (embarassingly) only 20 views this month. Clearly I need to start up again! So basically, post and get views. Don't post and I won't get views. Seems simple enough to me.

The cats post and the music piracy post got the most views out of everything I've written. The former was basically me scrambling to get something out and I just ran with it; the latter was me thinking about something and (attempting) presenting an interesting moral issue to the viewers. I honestly enjoy writing about issues more because of the discussions they can evoke. Everyone has opinions and it's interesting to hear what people have to say about certain things that are really big in society today. Post-wise, all the posts on the blog come from the people in my English class (love you all, seriously.) So, quite obviously, all the posts and most of the views came from the good old US of A. But what about the views? Here's where it got interesting for me. I've had 7 views from the UK, 4 from Slovakia (where???), 2 from Sweden and 1 from Australia. It's pretty interesting to see how people around the world can find my little corner of the internet. Basically all the views came from Google or these linking websites that don't really lead to anywhere. But it's all good. The more views, the better! And for the grade... To be frank, I don't believe in the grading system. But if I were to give myself a grade for the blogging, I think I should get a C. I did what I was supposed to (well, mostly) but I could have done far more. It's a lack of effort on my part that will not consciously allow me to ask for anything more than a C.

Here's to hoping the rest of the year goes smoothly. It's my last semester, after all!




Pageviews by Countries
 
United States
 256
United Kingdom
 7
Slovakia
 4 (where?)
Sweden
 2
Australia 1
 Oh, and I know exactly where Slovakia is. No worries!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.delawareonline.com/videonetwork/776256583001/Renowned-percussionist-works-with-Wilm-Montessori-students

    cool, FYI

    ReplyDelete